If you didn’t happen to be in Anaheim, California this weekend, or have time to watch the PlayStation Showcase, you missed a TON of thrilling announcements. But don’t worry, TheButtonSmashers.com has your back, and we’ll get you up to speed in a hot minute. Let’s dive in!
Marvel Vs. Capcom Infinite
The crowd at PSX went NUTS when this was announced. Ever since Disney decided to stop making its own games, thus releasing the Marvel license to outside development, fans were hoping this game would be a possibility. As if this news wasn’t awesome enough, Capcom dropped the mic with the announcement that Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 was available for PS4 immediately.
Last of Us Part II
Fans of the original Last of Us were hoping for a continuation of Joel and Ellie’s story in a post-infected apocalypse, and Naughty Dog did not disappoint. This chapter in the saga will be Ellie’s story, with Joel appearing in some manner, although Naughty Dog is being very cagey about his role in this game, which is very early in development.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
In addition to Uncharted 4: Survival, a multiplayer expansion where between one and three players take on waves of enemies, Naughty Dog announced a stand alone adventure in the Uncharted universe. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will feature Chloe Frazer, the smooth-talking master thief who first appeared in Uncharted 2. Uncharted: The Lost Legacy will be out in 2017.
Those were the big announcements from PlayStation Experience, but there were many, many other revelations throughout the weekend. Read on for a few highlights!
Crash Bandicoot N Sane Trilogy
Everyone’s favorite orange marsupial will be back in a remastered trilogy in glorious HD!
Wipeout :Omega Collection
Speaking of remasters, the futuristic racing game will have a 3 game collection released in summer 2017 on PS4.
Parappa Rappa/ Patapon/ Loco Roco
Can’t get enough remasters? How about this trio? They will all get remastered to native 4K resolution if you have a PS4 Pro, and you can even check out a demo of Parappa Rappa here.
Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
A remastered (sensing a theme here yet?) version of the original Yakuza game AND a brand new Yakuza 6 will arrive in North America next summer.
Ni No Kuni 2: Revenant Kingdom
The whimsical JRPG from Bandai Namco and Level 5 will have a new chapter on PS4 in 2017.
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
The murderous teddy bear is back soon on PS4 and Vita!
- Knack 2 announced, features cooperative multiplayer.
- Starblood Arenas announced for PlayStation VR.
- Absolver, a multiplayer combat RPG, is being developed by Sloclap and Devolver Digital.
- Lara Croft Go is coming to PS4 and Vita.
- Hideo Kojima will use Guerrilla Games’ Horizon: Zero Dawn engine for Death Stranding
- Let It Die from Suda 51 and Grasshopper Manufacture, is free to play on PS4.
- Windjammers, originally a Neo Geo cross between Pong and Streetfighter, will be released on PS4 and Vita.
- The Resident Evil 7 Demo was updated to include VR support.
- Ace Combat 7 will have a VR mode when it launches.
- Ys Origins, which only recently received English localization, will be on PS4 and Vita February 2017
- Helm a massive spaceship in Dreadnaught, announced for 2017.
- Cyberpunk twin-stick shooter Nex Machina is being developed by the makers of Smash TV and Resogun.
- MLB the Show 17 will feature an optional retro style of play.
- Akuma will be a downloadable character in Street Fighter V on December 20, 2016.